creation and ambition of Fondation Pour l'audition
Fondation Pour l’Audition was created by Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, Jean-Pierre Meyers and the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation. It has been recognized as a public-interest organization since 2015.
"Hearing loss is a major problem in our society but often underestimated, neglected and even taboo. To raise awareness, promote scientific breakthroughs and develop new solutions for hearing health, my wife and I decided to create Fondation Pour l’Audition with the support of the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation.
To achieve this goal, it is essential to coordinate research, healthcare and prevention campaigns.
Two roles appear vital to us: providing information to prevent hearing loss, and understanding how best to treat it. We need to educate people on the importance of hearing health, while bringing talents together to offer new solutions for people with hearing loss and their families.
Hearing connects people.
It’s a marvelous but fragile sense.
Together, protect it."
MAKE HEARING LOSS A MAJOR PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE
Hearing loss is a major problem in our society but remains misunderstood, overlooked and taboo.
To solve this, we need to coordinate research, healthcare and prevention campaigns.
We believe in the power of collaboration, and we know that every step taken will bring us closer to the solution.
In this way, we work to unite talents to advance the cause of hearing and help deaf and hard of hearing people to live better every day.
HEARING HEALTH AT THE HEART OF OUR ACTIONS
The Fondation Pour l'Audition wishes to unite talents to advance the cause of hearing health and help the deaf, hard of hearing and their loved ones to live better every day.
The foundation wants to bring together research, care and prevention. Every step taken will bring us closer to the solution for offering people with hearing loss equal opportunities in education, working life and society at large.
OUR FOUNDATION ACTS FOR CHILDREN, WOMEN AND MEN AFFECTED BY A HEARING PROBLEM
TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE at every stage.
TO FACILITATE SOCIAL INTEGRATION through equal opportunities.
TO OFFER THE BEST THERAPEUTIC TREATMENT.
The board of directors
The board of directors is chaired by Jean-Pierre Meyers and is composed of:
The founders' college:
- Mr. Jean-Pierre Meyers, President,
- Mrs. Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, Honorary President,
- The Fondation Bettencourt Schueller represented by: Mr. Olivier Brault (Managing Director) et Mr. Armand de Boissière (Secretary General).
The friends' college:
- Mr. Nicolas Brusson, BlaBlaCar's co-founder and Managing Director,
- Mr. Jean-Marie Dru, TBWA Worldwide's President,
- Pr. Bruno Frachet, University Professor and ORL Surgeon,
- Mr Etienne Caniard, ex-member of the college of the Haute Autorité de Santé, ex-president of the Mutualité Française.
The college of qualified persons:
- Mr Cédric Lorant, Unanimes' President.
- Pr. Lionel Collet, State Councillor, ex-Professor of Universities and Hospital Practitioners,
- Mr Olivier Tcherniak, Admical's ex-President,
- Dr Antoine Triller, Professor at ENS.
Government Commissioner : Mrs. Anne Paoletti.
The international scientific committee
The scientific committee of the “For Research” program proposes scientific strategic orientations, identifies the best audiology research projects and evaluates projects initiated by Fondation Pour l'Audition, submitting the scientific projects and fellowships to the board of directors for approval.
The scientific committee is chaired by Professor Karen B. Avraham (Israel) and is composed of:
- Dr Bastian Epp (Denmark),
- Dr Frank R. Lin (USA),
- Pr Lawrence R. Lustig (USA),
- Pr Brigitte Malgrange (Belgium),
- Pr David R. Moore (USA),
- Pr Cécile Parietti-Winkler (France),
- Dr Jonathan Peelle (USA),
- Dr Gabrielle H. Saunders (United Kingdom),
- Pr Thierry van den Abbeele (France).
The executive team
Management, secretariat and operations:
- Mr. Denis Le Squer, Managing Director,
- Mrs. Catherine Lefebvre, Secretary General,
- Mrs. Christel Lantier, Office Manager.
Communication and development Department:
- Mrs. Agathe Coustaux, Director of Communications and development,
- Mr. Léonard Francelet, Editorial and development Manager.
- Dr. Marie-Josée Duran, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer,
- Mr. Arnaud Porte, Director of the For Today program.