Call for studentships
The Fondation Pour l’Audition (FPA) offers call for studentships to introduce students (ENT residents, speech therapy and audiology trainees or graduates) to research. The aim is to encourage double careers in medicine/science.
Only teams in academic or clinical public or non-profit research institutions are eligible for the call.
For PhD studentships - Deadline for application on January 27, 2019
To be eligible for a FPA PhD studentship, the applicant must:
- be an ENT resident, speech therapy and audiology trainees or graduates
- be a French citizen applying for a position as Ph.D. student in a French lab, and
- obtain a full-time position for 3 years in the host laboratory for his/her PhD training.
For master studentships – Application deadline: April 30, 2019
FPA Master studentships are awarded to ENT residents, speech therapy and audiology students and graduates to encourage studies in hearing research.
To be eligible for a FPA master studentship, the student must:
- be a French resident,
- be enrolled as a student in a Research Master’s Degree (in French ‘Master 2 de recherche’) in a French university,
- obtain a full-time position in the host laboratory.
The following are not eligible for the call:
- host laboratories if they hold an active FPA award by the time of the 2019 FPA studentship activation, e. October 1, 2019.
- students awarded an FPA studentship in the past
- laboratories with an affiliation with members of the FPA Scientific Committee and Board of Directors,
- Research teams joining the Institut de l’Audition in Paris.
For PhD studentships
If awarded, the host institution will receive a studentship covering exclusively the salary, taxes and fringe benefits of the student. Studentships are awarded up to 40.000 Euros per year for a full-time salary for 3 years maximum.
The funding is provided annually and continuation of support for an additional year is based on a report to be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
For master studentships
If awarded, the host institution will receive a studentship covering exclusively the salary, taxes and fringe benefits of the student. Studentships are awarded up to 40.000 Euros for one year. The exact amount of the studentship will be set according to the salary grid of the host institution and the duration of the studentship.
The call is organized in four stages:
- Submission of applications.
- Review by the Scientific Committee.
- Selection of proposals by the Scientific Committee.
- Approval from the Board of Directors.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
To apply to the call for studentships, download the relevant form below. No other form will be accepted. Read and follow the instructions carefully provided in the policies and guidelines of the call for studentships.
Fondation Pour l’Audition
Tél : +33 1 55 78 20 10