The Fondation Pour l’Audition (FPA) offers one call for proposals to support French research laboratories in the field of hearing sciences, including basic, applied, clinical, sociological and epidemiological research.
The aim is to support new approaches, to promote multidisciplinary research and, more broadly, to implement innovations and outcomes in order to improve hearing health in the short or long term.
Applications must comply with FPA’s mission to improve hearing health and promote translational research in the following fields:
- Auditory pathways and networks
- Drug delivery,
- Gene cell and pharmacological therapies,
- Pathophysiology of hearing disorders and tinnitus.
Medical and audiological research
- Epidemiological studies
- Development of new audiological diagnostic and screening tests and assessment tools
- Psychoacoustics and psychophysics
Applied research and technological innovation
- Patient management
Psychology and sociology
- Public health implication of hearing loss: psychological, physical and/or social aspects of hearing loss.
The overall budget of the 2018 call for proposals is set to 900,000 euros. Each project will be funded up to 100,000 euros per year for up to 3 years. The funding is provided annually; continuation of support for an additional two years is based on a report to be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
FPA grants are awarded to French teams in academic or clinical public research institutions. International collaborations are encouraged. The principal investigator and co-investigators must hold a faculty appointment (position equivalent to assistant professor or higher) in order to be eligible for a grant from FPA.
Laboratories are ineligible for funding if they hold an active FPA award by the time of the 2018 FPA grant activation, i.e. October 1, 2018. Projects involving a member of the FPA Scientific Committee or Board of Directors and his/her laboratory are not eligible for an FPA research grant. Research teams joining the Institut de l’Audition in Paris are also ineligible for funding.
The call is organized in five stages:
- Submission of a pre-proposal reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
- Submission of a full proposal for selected pre-proposals.
- Full proposal review by international reviewers.
- Selection of full proposals by the Scientific Committee.
- Approval of the Board of Directors.
|December 6, 2017||Launch of the 2018 call for pre-proposals|
|January 25, 2018||Electronic application deadline for pre-proposals|
|February 14, 2018||Selection of the pre-proposals|
|April 26, 2018||Electronic application deadline for full proposals|
|June-July, 2018||Selection of the full proposals|
|Late July 2018||Award notification|
|October 1, 2018||Award activation|
|September 30, 2019||Deadline for grant agreement signature|
Submit a pre-proposal
To apply to the 2018 call for projects, download the relevant form below. No other form will be accepted. Read and follow the instructions carefully provided in the policies and guidelines of the call for projects.