As part of its mission to promote hearing health, Agir Pour l’Audition (APA) wishes to strengthen its action and highlight the major advances and discoveries by rewarding research pioneers in Hearing Scienceswith two Scientific prizes:
- the APA Scientific Grand Prize,
- the APA Early Career Scientific Prize.
The APA Scientific Grand Prize
The APA Scientific Grand Prize of one hundred thousand (100,000) euros is awarded annually to a confirmed investigator in recognition of the excellence and impact of his/her work in Hearing Sciences. This year, the Prize will focus on clinical research.
The Prize is opened to investigators meeting the following criteria:
- Be a French citizen or a French resident for at least 5 years,
- Hold a faculty position as either Ph.D., M.D. or M.D./Ph.D (known in France as CR2, MCU and/or PH) and still in practice.
Previous laureates of the APA Scientific Grand Prize are not allowed to reapply for the Prize (see list of past laureates).
The APA Early Career Scientific Prize
The APA Early Career Scientific Prize is awarded annually to two French investigators in recognition of the excellence and impact of a significant work he/she achieved in the field of Hearing Sciences.
This year the two APA Early Career Scientific Prizes are divided in 2 categories as follows:
- Clinical research for a candidate holding a MD or a MD/PhD, and
- Basic research for a candidate holding a PhD or a MD/PhD.
Each laureate will receive an award of forty thousand (40,000) euros.
The Prize is open to investigators meeting the following criteria:
- Be a French citizen or a French resident for at least the past 5 years,
- Hold, as of January 1, 2017, his/her Ph.D. or M.D. for 15 years at the most and,
- Work in a French academic or clinical public research institution
- Up to age 45
Previous laureates of the APA Early Career Scientific Prize are not allowed to reapply for the Prize (see list of past laureates).
Nominations to the Scientific prizes can only be submitted by a peer. Self-nominations are excluded.
Download the documents to fill out to nominate a candidate in the next window “Resources”.
Compliant nominations will be evaluated by an ad hoc selection committee composed of experts in Hearing Sciences external to the APA Scientific Committee.
Once the ad hoc selection committee has completed its selection of candidates, the APA Scientific Committee will select the laureates of the two Scientific prizes and submit them to the approval of the APA Board of Directors.
NEW DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: May 22, 2017
Agir Pour L’Audition
13, rue Moreau
75012 Paris, France
Tel : +33 1 55 78 20 12
Send an e-mail
The 2017 call for nominations is now closed.